Tuesday 25 September 2007

A rest day, today ...

The overnight stop at Taaiboschfontein (apptly named for the weather that lay in waiting) was wonderful. Off the road at Three Sisters, and where else in the world would you find a young Springbok at your breakfast table



And his companion (yes, surprisingly they are on good terms) is certainly competition for Toetsie, Jasper and Mr Pepe!!!





The Saturday was used to settle in, and just as well, as my 302 finally had too much of travelling (4 times up country and Italy, all in a year) and decided to take a well earned break. Dick fortunately had a spare unit for me and it worked well for me on the first two days of the contest. Normally i am not a great fan of blue windy days and that is what the weather gods served up for us. We have flown 2 tasks so far. Both days were assigned area tasks, and but for the first leg on day 1 I flew on my own, also never a good idea (as Leo would quickly point out). And i had a low save on day 2, but for a dusty i was on down wind for a big field. But i got the dusty (which surprisingly worked) and all the way to 12oooft and 2m/s.
Regretably we did not fly today (though the open class did). Tomorrow looks marginal.
I am now connected on internet and hope to post again tomorrow night. I can also post from my cellphone and hope to post the task after briefing and a short note after the day's flying (whilst waiting for the logger to download, so don't expect any great feats of literacy.

And thank you to all the supporting emails and messages

EY

No comments: